Thank you for meeting/ speaking with us today. As you are aware, we are carrying out an evaluation of the External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program for the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA). In undertaking this research project, we will be looking at both the administrative aspects of the program, and the impact of the program on women who have undergone a mastectomy as a result of breast cancer.
Today's discussion is an initial scoping exercise to inform ways forward with our methodology. We would like to speak to you in general about your organisation, your involvement with the program, and any advice you have for us in moving forward with our research. We will be conducting another round of formal interviews with all stakeholders from December about specific aspects of the program, during which we would like to speak again with you or someone from your organisation.
Please know that everything you say during our discussion will remain confidential. Whilst we will be taking notes, your comments will not be identified and will rather inform general themes for reporting. We will note that we have spoken with a member of your organisation, however we will not record your name in any of our reporting.
If you have any questions about the research or would like to speak with the Project Director following this discussion, I can give you her details. Otherwise do you have any questions before we start?
- Can you please tell me a little bit about your organisation?
- What involvement or awareness do you have of the External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program? (If unsure, explain what the program entails)
- How best, from your point of view, can we access women who have had a mastectomy as a result of breast cancer and who would be willing to participate?
- What about hard to reach women (CALD, Indigenous, rural/ regional locations) and young women under the age of 30 years?
- Is there anything that you think we need to know about or be aware of in conducting our research?
- Do you have any other comments you would like to make?