The Healthy Food Partnership (the Partnership) work plan is shaped around the following three key themes:
Portion Size – promote and communicate appropriate portion sizes, and consumption of portion sizes that align with the Australian Dietary Guidelines. Encourage more appropriate packaging of products to align with consumption, to encourage purchase and minimise wastage.
Communication and education – focus on whole foods and total diet. Work to explain the Australian Dietary Guidelines and how to eat a balanced diet encompassing all five food groups. Develop a long term strategy for education which recognises different behavioural, nutritional and information needs of the population.
Reformulation – work with industry and key stakeholders to make targeted manufactured foods healthier by building on existing strategies such as the Health Star Rating system and optimising the appropriate balance of nutrients and ingredients in food.
Current Working Groups
- Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation Reference Group
- State and Territory Liaison Group
- Industry Best Practice Guide for Serving Size Working Group
- Reformulation Working Group
Ceased Working Groups
- Portion Size Working Group
- Food Service Working Group
- Communication and Education Working Group
- Implementation and Evaluation Working Group