1. Report and make recommendation to the Communicable Diseases Network Australia on:
- Surveillance and reporting systems for arbovirus disease and malaria encompassing humans and animals to include identification of minimum data requirements at State and Territory level.
- Strategic approaches for arbovirus diseases and malaria management and control related to :
- laboratory support;
- development of a national arbovirus response plan in association with jurisdictional responsibilities;
- ongoing research requirements and arbovirus and malaria outbreak investigation; and
- establishing lines of communications with other interested parties working in the arbovirus and malaria sector.
2. Provide, on a regular or ad hoc basis, urgent or non-urgent expert technical advice across the spectrum of disciplines pertinent to the field of arboviruses and malaria, to assist in the detection, management and control of real or potential outbreaks of arboviral or malarial infection.
3. Investigate the risk and provide advice on arboviruses/malaria or exotic vectors being imported from other countries.